Sunday, October 4, 2009

I'm here...or there...whatever! :)

Wow, it's been a crazy few days. I left my parents house on Friday morning to go to the airport, we stopped and I had the greatest surprise ever, my sister, Poe, was there to have lunch with us, it was awesome. Thanks Pity! Then I was on the plane for about 9 hours and lost an extra 5 hours, it was a little ridiculous. When I got off the plane, it took me forever to find the train I needed to get on and it didn't help that I had about 200 lbs. of luggage, okay not that much, but at least, 150 lbs., it sucked balls. On the first train I met a couple girls from Canada, they were really helpful and nice, and on the second train I met a couple girls too that helped me find where I needed to go. When I got off where I needed to the walk seemed a lot longer than it was, and at one point I came to a large set of stairs with no escalator and no lift. I thought I would die trying to lift all my luggage to the top, then a handsome gentleman came to my rescue and carried some of my luggage for me. I was extremely grateful. When I did finally get to my dorm, I was sweaty and tired. There were wardens there to assist me, they gave me my key, showed me around, and I got settled into my room. I also found that I needed a cord to get access to the internet, one I didn't have, along with no currency to get it. I went downstairs to get wireless, I was unsuccessful. At that point I went to my room, feeling tired and frustrate, so I laid on my bed and fell asleep. I passed out for about six hours, a much needed six hours, I got up on my quest to find internet again, and ask a guy where I could get a cord, he directed me to a shop down the street. I went there, and they were closed! Oh well, I went back to my dorm, tried to get wireless again, which didn't work even with the help of the wardens, but luckily one of them was kind enough to let me borrow her laptop. After that I went back to my room, unpacked and got all of my stuff in order. They were having a party downstairs, which I stopped into, but it was loud and mildly awkward so I went to my room and went to bed. This was okay with me because even after my six hour nap, I was still exhausted. I woke up a little after 7 this morning, showered, the water took forever to get warm and smelled a little bit. I thought I would walk to the school so I knew where I was going for monday, and of course I got lost. But I made it and here I am. Oh, and it is a beautiful walk too, might I add. Well, I have to go now. I'm a little bit torn though, there is international meeting here at 11:00, or a breakfast at my dorm at 11:00. I'm not sure what to do. Hmmm...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sir i have to use the louve but i am in the lift....(in British accent of course)

someone from that 70's show did an impression of british kid and that is what he said - made me laugh

have fun:)

poe

i had tons of fun at lunch too and love my necklace

Trike said...

Dude, did you overpack again? Well, better to have it and not need than need it and not have it.

And here's hoping PP doesn't say she has to poo in the louve if she ever gets to France. It's "loo"; the Louvre is the museum and I'm guessing the French would frown on that.

Chatter said...

Glad to hear from you Kirst!! I am so excited for you. Good luck with your first week of classes, life in the dorms and getting acclimated. You are going to do great! Can't wait to hear more. Love ya,
Chand

Murph said...

Kirst - it sounds great!! I bet you're on your way to class now. I hope all is well and u continue posting I want to hear all about your experiences. HUgs

mojo

Anonymous said...

I looked at pics of Imperial college, it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL. You'll love walking to class everyday. I'm so happy and excited for you. Can't wait to hear more. Seriously, they call dorm workers "wardens" in London.

Poe you made me laugh, I could just hear your perfect british accent, it's spot-on.


Take care Kirst.

Keels

Anonymous said...

How was your Monday? Morgan is siting on my lap with a fever giving me snotty kisses, and he looked at my computer screen and said, "wook, it's me morgy! my chair." Boys are having fun fishing.

Take care,
Love Am