Friday, October 16, 2009

Lovely Day

I woke up today about quarter 'til 7, kudos for me that was an accomplishment in itself. Then walked to campus with the hope that I would swim a few laps, yeah, that didn't happen, but this is what did happen...I went to the library and rented a couple books for my classes, they don't start until next Friday, but I'm trying to stay on top, for a change. I read a bit of "Biomaterials" at the library. Then I headed for the gym, but I couldn't get the door open so I interpreted that as a sign that I shouldn't go for a swim. Went to H&M and browsed around the store and looked at the accessories like they were candy. After that I felt a little blah and a little down. Headed back to campus for a meeting with my personal tutor (we have those here, which is pretty cool). I got there an hour early, so while I waited I started my other book, "Nanostructures and nanomaterials", AMAZING. At the meeting I found out that to be considered a full-time third year student I would have to take another class and also do a design project, I was stoked. This is the most excited I've been about classes since I got here, I think it's going to be great, I'll get to learn all I need to know about materials! WOOHOO! Since then I've been having a joyous day! Tonight's the boat party, and I'm hoping that will be a good time.

Facts for the Day:

New favorite candy: Maoam:Stripes
Reading list: Elements of X-ray Diffraction, Nanostructures and nanomaterials, Biomaterials

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh let me know how that light reading goes. Also, if I EVER get a crystal that diffracts, will call you to help me solve the structure.

Keel

Anonymous said...

NERDS - seriously

ha ha ha

have fun at the boat party :)

pity

Chatter said...

Have fun at the boat party! Want to skype tomorrow afternoon? I will try to post video soon of the boys.

Trike said...

P. Poe is just jealous, don't listen to her.