Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sibling bonds, people just don't get it.

Today was my last lab for chemistry class and on Thursday we have our final exam. Well, we actually have two lab sections, one before class and one after class, originally I was sign up for the early one at 9:00 AM, and it takes a half an hour to get to school, plus I have to get around, and generally I don't do my pre-lab on time. So, if you put that all together I have to get up at 7:30 AM at least. 7:30? Yeah, that's not really what I up for most of the time, so, ever now and again I would just skip lab in the morning and hope the professor wouldn't mind me joining the later lab. Lucky for me I hoped right and he didn't care about my joining the lab, today was no exception. Part of me wished I had went to the morning lab because it was the most boring school work I have ever had to do. We set up an inverted buret and waited for it to go from 50.00 ml to 5.00 ml as it filled with hydrogen gas and nothing better to do. It was kinda of funny though, my friend from high school had his birthday yesterday and he asked when mine was and I told him it was tomorrow. Then we were all kind of talking about it and my friend, Jenny, asked, "So what are you going to tomorrow?" And you know how when you know a bunch of people are kind of listening to you and you don't want to say something stupid, so, you try to think of something that won't make you sound retarded. Yeah, I couldn't think of anything. I was just like, "Probably nothing, my little brother and I will probably hang out." A kid from the other lab table was like, "You're going to hang out with your little brother for your birthday?" My response, "Yeah, I'm cool like that." when really I wanted to say "Over the weekend I drove 800 miles to play Rummy Cube & Clue with brother and sister and it was a blast." But then I thought I'd probably get one of those looks that say "You're a little weird" like I normally do when I try to explain how our family operates.

3 comments:

Chatter said...

It was a blast Kirstyn!! I drove home to go trick or treating with you guys; I can totally relate!

Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kirstyn, thanks for the laughs. Sibling bonds, so hard to break. Eat cake for me.

Keel

Anonymous said...

I died laughing reading your post. U did get better at telling stories. Remember how awful you used to be? "I don't do that anymore"
Kelsey
ps I would have slept in trent's top bunk