Sunday, February 7, 2010

A lazy Sunday

Yesterday I spent most of my day at Body & Soul which is an inspiring place for those with HIV/AIDS or are closely affected by it. It's a place where they can go for therapy, assistance, and support. I've been trying to volunteer there for months, but it's been a slow process and I hopefully I'll be working there soon. After a day of training I realize how misunderstood HIV is and how hard it is for them, but it is encouraging that they have a place like Body & Soul. The atmosphere there is so positive and lively and I look forward to being a part of it.

NEW CHALLENGE:

One of my many addictions is.....television. So, I will attempt to refrain from watching it and I'm going to try my best to go as long as I can without it. It degrades the mind and turns it to mush. Boo. Right now is a really important time for my mind and I need to get it into shape. Anyone who has the same problem can feel free to join in. :)

Currently obsessed with:

-The Weepies, I keep listening to their musics, over and over, but the lyrics are soooo good and so inspiring

-Biomaterials, not so much obsessed at trying to learn it all

Other than that there is not much new to report. I suppose I should be out an about exploring the world, but I do what I can. I was so exhausted from yesterday I didn't have it in me to do much today.

2 comments:

Chatter said...

Great post KP! I was just thinking about how terrible television is for the mind. I've been reading more lately and loving it. Hope the volunteering goes well Kirst. LOVE Ya!!

Urchin said...

Kudos on the volunteering. T.V.? Not a problem here. My one & only: The Amazing Race. New season starting Sunday. I adventure vicariously through the contestants in the show.