Sunday, August 16, 2009

Thankful for today

The other day my sister introduced me to a website which brings attention to the trials and tribulations of the people in Haiti. It's a rescue center there that helps children who suffer from malnutrition, burns, and many other unfortunate events. Reading through the stories of each suffering child was bittersweet, as it was both painful and inspirational. The people who run the place must be truly amazing. It is comforting to me to know that there are people out there like that, and it moves me to want to be a better person.

http://haitirescuecenter.wordpress.com/


Baby Biruk

I think of you

You baby boy

Your dark eyes

Are lit with joy

Your love of life

Your handsome smile

On a bad day

It could last a while

You'll dance to the music

Sing to the song

Never thought I'd be so lucky

Guess I was wrong

I could eat you up

Hold you forever

The bond we have

Could never sever

With a grin on your face

I laid you to sleep

Not a scream or a fuss

Not even a peep

I hope you dream

Of wild wings

Shooting stars

And pretty things

I don't know how

But you're a light to me

Every little look

Always gets to me

I say good-bye

I'll see you soon

Can't wait to hear

You hum your tune

2 comments:

Chatter said...

Love it! Brought tears to my eyes. I think the feelings are mutual though. That kid is sweet on you! He's up humming his tune and waiting for you :)
love ya!

Anonymous said...

you should write a poem book or something

poe