Monday, August 17, 2009

Priorities: Con-man, Birukee, Lan-dog

So yeah, I'm at Chatter's this week where I am her personal nanny. ("I prefer the term child supervisor.") Today we did a lot of rearranging around the house and that was refreshing because we left most rooms looking fantastic. We had a great time tonight. The kids were in bed pretty early, so we hit up Target and got dinner at JJs. I know I'm an addict. Anywho, after Target we came back and watched strangers with candy, and we laughed. Needless to say I didn't finish my dinner seeing how Jerri managed to kill my appetite, she is foul.



Sweet Joey

I open my heart

To your listening ear

You ease my pain

And dissapate my fear

In the lastest hour

Of my darkest night

With tears of laughter

You make it light

Whenever it rains

You can call on me

Anywhere you are

I will always be

I know your secrets

And you know mine

If we're together

It will be fine

We call names

We're mean in fact

But I get the truth

With no need to act

You rub my feet

And I'll scratch your back

We fight for beds

As we hit the sack

With a brighter tomorrow

And the scars of our past

We'll find our dreams

And they will forever last

Smile, girl

Life is good

The road will twist

As it should

Sleep is calling

As I am lying here

You are so far

But feel so near

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i prefer the term "child technician"...as always great poem

James said...

I likes yours poetry.

Chatter said...

Me so jealous of your writing skills. And your beautiful eyes.

As I've said a million times I am SO thankful and happy you came to visit. I am going to miss you so much. You have been so helpful and good for me. Thank you, thank you!!

I hear snores coming from your room so I hope you are sleeping well.
love ya!
c

Anonymous said...

i think james said it best, but that ones a keeper! hugs
kuj