Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Joy of Roommates

Yes, it is true, I have been blessed with the best roommates ever! Funny story, one of them was so kind as to purposely turn the light switch so my alarm clock would automatically turn off, but lucky for me it wasn't really a problem because they were kind enough to make just enough noise this morning so that I didn't really need my alarm anyway. I can't really do much other than laugh at this point because even though I was quite angry this morning, I really am blessed. Although I am a little worried about heading home(I've been on campus all day, like most) because I'm never sure what it is that I might find, my wash clothe a little dirty for some unapparent reason(creepy) or my razor displaced from where it normally is, who knows. I've finally started hiding all personal items, and sitting here thinking about it I suppose I can't really call that place home though. I spend most of my days tucked away studying in some random building or hanging out in the ever so wonderful atmosphere of my sister's place, where their second couch has become my favorite place to sleep. It's a little bit odd, this I know, but sometimes I believe people do what it is they have to just to get by and a good night's sleep where I feel welcome is sometimes just enough.

In the matter of school, I'm not as hot as I once was, but not anything another semester of school can't fixed. So, I might be retaking a few of my classes, big deal. Initially, the idea of such a thing could easily bring me to tears, stupidity wasn't something I had to deal with, until recently that is. Actually, the truth is I've never been too bright, it's just that until now I had the mentality that I "know it all". I must say it's quite a humbling experience to wake up and find that you're in the real world and that you don't know much of anything. It's all good though because Thanksgiving is just around the corner and that means food and family. Two words that have always went hand-in-hand. Last night my sister and I were laughing about the stupid things we used to do. No wait, my sister was laughing because she farted, loud. Then we started discussing how dysfunctional our sense of humor is, which is shared by just about everyone in our family. Some to a further extent than others, like my sister and my brother-in-law, it's quite disturbing at times, but always gets a few good laughs. That's one of my favorite things about my family, no matter what the situation is, there are always laughs involved. And when I say that it doesn't matter what the situation is, I mean it. Well, I suppose I should get back to studying because my next exam is for one of the classes, which is on the list of classes that I'm not allowed to retake(it's my own personal list).

1 comment:

Chatter said...

Amen sister.
Fart.
chatter