Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Funny how things work out

I'm sitting here, with my skittles and liquid crack(the dew) in hand, smiling about a letter from a friend. And when I say from a friend, I mean from the combined effort of my two roommates...ahh, the love. Through the duration of my experience with my two new friends each conflict was "resolved" through letters and notes on a dry erase board because an actually face-to-face conversion would require a little too much maturity. But tonight was the night, I decided to put my foot down and put a stop to the MADNESS. Well, after I read what they had to say about me that is, and after doing so I couldn't have been more shocked. I mean apparently I "snore extremely loud" and they had seriously considered getting ear plugs, but this posed a problem for them because they wouldn't be able to hear the alarm in the morning.

Then, I couldn't help but contemplating what my roommates had said, the words "you snore extremely loud" just kept running through my head and they started to bring back childhood memories. Memories of camping with my sister, a sister who didn't mind smacking me in the face just to get me to turn over because the noise that came from my mouth was too loud to allow someone next to me to sleep. Not only did I "snore" but apparently, on other camping occasions, I attempted to snuggle with my other sister, Pity. She did not appreciate this. What she didn't know was that, when the covers got a little too warm I've always had a tendency, when I was alone, to flail half of my body over the covers, which gave me a happy medium, not too hot and not too cold. When in the process of doing so, my sister just happened to be where my arm and leg would go in my flailing motion. And since I am an extremely heavy sleeper the concept of another person next to me didn't really click, even after I did it the second or third time. Then there was the hotel in Tennessee which at that point in my life, I had a bad reputation as a sleeping partner. This led to the drawing of a name, a name to find out who would be the unfortunate sibling who had to share the bed with me. It just happened to be my much older sister who was pregnant at the time and one who valued her sleep. I didn't sleep too well that night because before bed she swore she would kill me if I tried to "snuggle". I wasn't about to cross her, and seeing as how I am completely dysfunctional when I sleep, I knew it was very possible for me to do something that would annoy her, so, I ended up just kind of lying there for about eight hours.

Yeah, I suppose I can sympathize with my roommates, I guess they're screwed until May. The interesting thing is that I used to not really sleep there because I was more comfortable staying at my sister's place, and I was hardly ever at my dorm/apartment(technically it's a one bedroom apartment that I share with two other people). Well, during the time when I wasn't around much, I would find my belongings being tampered with for no logical reason other than my roommate being inconsiderate and having control issues(lucky for them I never returned the favor). Finally I demanded the happenings to stop, and they did. The problem was, when I was at my dorm I started to become paranoid about my belongings and my sensitivity didn't help the situation, so, my life was hell. Even though it's only been a couple months I've come a long way in putting things in perspective and all-in-all, life is good. But as far as my snoring goes, if it's not karma, then I guess it just sucks to be my roommates.

3 comments:

Chatter said...

Love the blog bertha.
And yeah I've seen a few bald and "not so bald" eagles in my time (spoken with a hillbilly slang). LOL. Kels gave me a heads up on this.

more later.

chatter

Anonymous said...

Kirstyn that was hilarious and why is Chandra talking about bald eagles? Maybe I don't want to know. Anyhow you made me laugh.

Everyone at lab thinks I'm nuts bc I read your blogs and laugh so hard. However, I think they're probably only funny to us, normal people would be disgusted.

Keels

Anonymous said...

laughed so hard when i read this....you are the weirdest sleeper, you snore loud and don't ever hear you alarm clock...always welcome at the ole apartment